Potential Risks from Asbestos
Asbestos risks at work;
When you're at work you are also at potential risk from various hazards, some are as follows;
- Warehouse roofs
- Sprayed coatings to beams or ceilings
- Casings to beams and columns
- Boiler rooms
- Paints and textured coatings
- Ceiling tiles
- Window panels
- In fact, almost anywhere you can think of
Here are a few reasons for sampling and testing;
- Peace of mind - You would rather be totally sure that you are not at risk than turn a blind eye and put yourself in danger.
- It is important if you work in an old building (higher risk group) due to having being constructed in the time asbestos was heavily used in the majority of buildings built between the 50's & the 80's.
- Refurbishment work is due to commence on your place of business (high chance of asbestos being released into the air)
- Thinking of demolishing place of business (asbestos release could be very hazardous) This could unleash a whirlwind of fibrous hazards.
- Quick and easy process.
- It is the duty of the property owner by law to arrange sampling and reporting.
The sale, distribution or production of Asbestos is illegal in the following countries: the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Poland, Slovenia, Italy, Australia, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Luxembourg.